Hi Tea Rose Veranda

11:22:00 AM Unknown 2 Comments

I have went to Shangri-La, The Line for a couple of times, but I never know that there is another fantastic place right above it!

I must say, I prefer Rose Veranda over The Line. Dun get me wrong, The Line is still good for its wide spread of fresh seafood, meats, dim sum, salad, desserts and many more. I will still go to The Line if I feel like pigging out like nobody business and when I get my paycheck. Coz, it isnt very cheap...haha

On the other hand, Rose Veranda offers a much classy ambience with comfortable armchairs and a less crowdy setting, yet with a reasonable spread. It offers more of hi tea spread with a choice of 120 teas. Definitely great for gals gathering, whereby you can chit chat over cups of tea with nice savories and desserts. You can just eat leisurely (Weekday Hi Tea from 11.30 - 6pm) without the need to "choke" yourself with food.


ROSE VERANDA
Venue: Shangri La Hotel, Mezzanine Level
Contact: 6213 4486

********
Remember I have posted an entry earlier, saying that Shangri La is having this 38% discount for its dining? How could I miss out this great opportunity??? Keke

So all in all, I only have to pay less than $30 for the Hi Tea buffet on a weekday, and we have spent close to 3 hours there. I mean even if you are full oreadi, you can just sit there, have nice tea, while relaxing and chit chat with your friends. Superb experience.
The place is so pretty! High ceiling with red chandeliers, waitresses in cheongsams ( high slits? keke), comfortable armchairs... We felt like we can just stay here for hours while time past...
A wide variety of tea for selection. Did I mention that it is not just 1 choice per person.. it's free flow and you do not have to finish 1 pot before you try another. Cool huh? We must have try at least 5 different kinds ranging from black tea, green tea to fruity infusion etc
All the teas were served in pretty teapots and teacups.. It added on to the superb hi-tea experience!

*******

~*~ The Savory ~*~
Sashimi & Sushi
Mini Burgers
Chicken with Mango

I kind of like this dish, the chicken was tender and it was cooked with my favourite food => Mango!
Seafood in Creamy Sauce

This was another great dish. The prawns, squids and big mussels totally soaked up the creamy sauce, without being too overwhelming. Really nice.
Ox Tail Soup

Surprisingly, this was quite tasty even though it looked oily. Hahaha..
Pumpkin Soup

Well, this was a bit too diluted for my liking... Nothing is perfect, I guess... =p
From left to right: Stew Beef, Curry Vegetables, Mee Goreng

All were spicy stuffs, so I dint try these lah...
Roast Meat Station ~ Turkey and Chicken

Xmas without roasted meat? You must be kidding! =p

How about Turkey in Cranberry Sauce and Roasted Chicken? I tried the Turkey only, which was quite good, not tough at all and I simply love cranberry sauce. Yummy!
Roasted Chicken
Spanish Quinch

One of my fav here.. Really like the crust, baked to perfection!

For more savory items, scroll to the end for the slide show.. ^_^

*********

~*~ The Desserts ~*~

Mochi
Brownies, Log Cakes, Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Eclairs
Strawberry Tart, Fruit Cake, Xmas Log
Strawberry Macaroons

Portuguese Egg Tarts
Fruit Assortment
Chocolate Mousse
Creme Brulee

Chocolate Fountain
Colourful Treats
( to go with the chocolate fondue)
Tiramisu
Raspberry Jelly

Nonya Kueh


Bread Pudding
Scones

Need I say more about the desserts? I think the pictures totally speak for themselves ~ Colourful, Pretty & Awfully Sinful!

Haha, but who cares about dieting when there are so many temptations right in front? The dessert spread is really great!

Do look at the slide show for more pictures.. ^_^


********** 
On a sidenote, I really like to go for hotel buffets during Xmas period. It's the time when the spread will include Xmas goodies such as log cakes and turkey. Keke
 
For those interested,
 
Timing
 
Mon - Fri :
1) Hi Tea Spread with 102 teas from 11.30am to 6pm
2) Dessert Showcase/ Traditional English Afternoon Tea with 102 teas from 3pm to 6pm
 
Weekend & PH
Hi Tea with 102 teas, with 2 seatings ~ 11.30am to 2.30pm or 3pm to 6pm
 
Pricing

Hi Tea : Adult $36, Child $22
Dessert Showcase: Adult $28, Child $18
English Afternoon Tea: Adult $32, Child $22

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

2 comments:

myfoodsirens said...

Great photos! The desserts really look so yummy haha.

Unknown said...

They were really yummy! And I just wish for a bigger appetite without adding on to my inches.. =p