Wavehouse

3:48:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments



WAVEHOUSE
Please click on the website for the prices & hours
Website: http://www.wavehousesentosa.com/

Things to note:
1) Bring ID for first timers (registration)
2) Avoid wearing accessories such as necklace
3) Recommended for gals to wear swimsuit instead of bikini
4) Timing for the game is on a hourly basis (e.g 2 - 3pm, 3 - 4pm)


**********

We went Sentosa last friday to stayover as bf's company had given them each a room in the Hardrock hotel. On top of that, we got this 1-1 Wavehouse from the Macdonald's Monopoly.

Free stay, partial free play! Woo hoo! ^__^ *Grinz*

I shant talk about Hardrock anymore since I've blogged about it before. If you wanna tour around the place, please click here. I was hoping to stay in the other Resort World Hotel, since I've stayed there twice already. But it was a free stay, so I shant complain for my third stay. =p

After we had checked into the hotel, we went to Wavehouse, which was one tram station away from Imbiah station to Beach station.  Please be "warned" that it is quite a fair bit of walk from the Beach station to the Wavehouse.  Imagine my "horror" when I was denied entrance because I did not bring my ID card! So do do remember to bring your ID/passport if it's your first time there!

The time slot for the Wavehouse is every hour, meaning it's either 2-3pm, 3-4pm and so on. Therefore, if you miss the timing, you probably need to wait for the next time slot.

As much as we hated it, we got to "painfully" make our way back to the hotel to retrieve my ID and then waited for the next time slot, aka 6-7pm.

It turned out not a bad thing after all, as apparently there was only 7 of us in the time slot. The less people in the same time slot as you are, means that you will have more tries as we need to take turn to play.

For those wearing contact lens, fear not! I had tried and tested that the lens will not be washed away in the waves if you fall down (which you WILL if it's your first time doing this). Then again, the lens may shift so there will be some discomfort.

Btw, there is 2 different levels: FlowRider for the basic and FlowBarrel for the challenger. Scroll down below to watch the videos to find out the difference.



FlowRider


FlowBarrel

Needless to say, we tried the FlowRider, the FlowBarrel seemed to be too "intimidating"!

I managed to stand up for a while without holding on to the rope held by the instructor on my third trial. Bf said I was pretty good. Hahah.. I guess the lower CG does help. In fact, we were pretty okay and the instructor "promoted" us to advanced level where we will surf down the slope just like the experts. Actually, we were the only 2 that needed coaching, as the other 5 can surf on their own and were mainly doing stunts like jump on the surf board, flipped the surf board etc. The "special attention" on us sure helped us to pick up the skill faster!

Overall, we enjoyed ourselves even though we suffered many falls and aching muscles for the next 2 days. Do try this out if you are at Sentosa!

Meanwhile, watch these two funny videos (people falling)! =p

1) FlowRider




2) FlowBarrel



Note that this video was not taken in the Flowbarrel in Singapore. However, the Flowbarrel in Sentosa is also like that lah.

I'm not trying to scare you with the videos.... I'm trying to tell you it's not so easy, so I'M GOOD when I said I can stand on the surf board without help on the third try!!!HAHAHHAHA

Last but not least, I will end this with pictures that said out "XMAS IS COMING"!! ^_^



We went to "Hollywood After Hours" - enter Universal Studio after 630pm for just $5. But hor, no rides of courses, the fee is to enter the US for dining, photo taking and to watch the fireworks!


The only "decent" firework photo that I took. I dunno how to take pictures of firework, either it turned out too smoky or blur!! Grrr... Why people can take nice BIG firework?? *Sigh*

Btw, firework starts at 9pm, dun be late!





0 comments: