Tian Kee & Co

11:23:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

TIAN KEE & CO
Venue: 12 Dakota Crescent #01-48 S(390012)

********

Knowing that Tian Kee & Co (TKC) will need to move out of its current location soon due to Govt's redevelopment, we decided to check out this vintage cafe. It's really quite a pity as the cafe fits in so well in this Dakota estate which looks as if time has halted in the 80s. You should really check this area out before it makes way for new condo or BTOs.
This place is conveniently located between 2 MRT, namely Mountbatten and Dakota stations, and Old Airport Road Hawker Centre is just on the opposite side of the main road. So although we felt pity that it has to go, but we are aiming for the new development in this plot of land. Dilemma =p

The feel of this cafe is very nostalgic & unpretentious. From the old style folding tables to the grandma's biscuit tins; the only "off" item is probably the marbled top shelves which appears too modern. And in case it bothers you, old school cafe doesnt have air-con, so is TKC, so dont come here in leather jacket ya?
Food wise, quite a reasonable fair selection to choose from.
The cakes beside the cashier caught my eye, especially the rainbow cheesecake! In fact, I was drawn to here because of the rainbow cheesecake. Heehee
Rainbow Cheesecake - $7.50

I really adore the cheesecake. It was not just pretty and instagram worthy, it actually tasted unexpectedly good. The texture was very light and smooth like jelly, unlike the typical cheesecake which tend to be dense and sometimes too jerlat. This one, I can easily eat one piece myself. =)

As I'm typing this, I feel like having one now! =p
Iced Nuts Abt U - $7

Made up of iced milk, with espresso ice cubes and nutella served separately in a cup. Nice presentation but tasted pretty normal. I felt that the price was slightly overpriced given that it tasted like any other iced coffee. And hor, got nutella meh? 
TK Eggs Beauregard ($14.90) & Cajun Roast Chicken ($14.90)
This reminded me of Mac's egg muffin but came with yummy cheese sauce. And oh ya, I loved the roasted potatoes. =)
Again, the tangy sauce made a difference for this dish, otherwise it would have been a passable roasted chicken.

Overall, food was decent and the rainbow cheesecake was great. I overheard the next table patrons saying that the "Ugly Nutella" is good, so I will be back to try! In fact, I really feel like trying all the cheesecake; they got yuanyang cheesecake, gula melaka cheesecake, salted caramel cheesecake... Grrr..all seems so interesting! When is weekend coming?????

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 


0 comments: