Hotel Jen Lavender Spa Staycation 16

2:55:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments


It's my birthday month, so we started off the celebration with a staycation! And because my bdae collided with the FI event, we can never book a hotel on the actual day without incurring exorbitant prices, so ya, early celebration which also mean more celebrations... lol.

********

Hotel Jen Tanglin is refurnished from the ex-Traders Hotel, and is under the Shangri La's hotel chain. I really adored the decorations with its earthly tones. giving its guests a warm and cozy experience. 

We booked this Lavender Spa Staycation package (expires by end Sep 16) which comes with club privileges as well. 


Sounds like a good deal right? But hor, I didnt get the shower cream, eye serum, hand cream, day cream and leg gel. Instead, soap bar, facial wash, facial mask and foot cream were given instead. All in sample sachets. *Shrugged*
 
The room is really pretty and smelled really nice! Inspired me to spray my own bedroom with lavender essential oil. Keke  
The 'gifts'

 Bathroom without bath tub, so no bubble bath lor..
 Cozy corner
Hello! ( see the hanging rack)
 Love, Live, Laugh (ignore the ugly background)
View from our room. 

The previous picture will be nicer if we were directly above the swimming pool lor. 
 Gold chrome pendant lights #renogoals
 
Nice gesture! So dont forget to 'ransack' the fridge if you are staying here. 

Club Privilege

For staycation, I prefer to opt for one with club privileges since it means all meals 'settled'. ^_^
There is three timings for the club lounge ~ breakfast, afternoon tea and evening canapes. It opens 24 hours, and stay-in guests can pop by for coffee, tea and cookies using the hotel room card anytime other than the three time-slots. Oh, there is maggi mee for the night owls as well. =)
Afternoon Tea offers scones and soup.
Evening spread includes dim sum, cheese and soup as well. Erm, probably not enuff to make up as a dinner bah. There's also red/white wines as well as beers offered.
 

Breakfast offers the usual cereals and whatnots. 

I was a tad disappointed with the spread and was particularly expecting for more for the weekend brunch. End up it's just extended hours. The spread was far cry from the other blogs that I read on Hotel Jen in 2015. I guess, the spread has shrunk over the last one year? 

Overall, I think the room is really nice. Food quality was nice too, just that the spread is quite limited. Oh boy, I think I was 'spoiled' by Ritz Carlton. 

Till the next post for Ritz Carlton Staycation.... Happy Holiday! ^_^

0 comments: