Casa Tartufuo

12:14:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments


CASA TARTUFO
Venue: Scarlet Hotel, 33 Erskine Road
Contact: 6836 4647
Website: www.casatartufo.com
6836 4647
********
Honestly speaking, I dun feel like making this entry because the pictures suck! Sobz... They were taken when we met up with friends for dinner ~ not celebration or anything, and therefore I didnt bring my camera. Instead, I took all the photos with iphone 4 in dim lighting. =( Hopefully, the new iphone 4GS with its 8mp camera can work miracles for future such events.
 
And I have to own up ~ I cannot remember the food experience there. Based on the receipt, I went there...erm in December last year... =(

Just a entry of sucky photos and minimal narration... PLEASE DUN ABANDON ME because of this poor review.... *Ashamed*  

*Choked*

I.. I..already tried to..to edit the photos liao... SOBZ!!! I purposely used a smaller size to minimize the flaws...

*Frowned*

Did I just say "flaws"?

Ahhh..hhh, nevermind! I will quickly make another post to erase your memory of the poorly taken photos..

Let's make this a quick and "painless" one.. =p

P.S Prices are accurate at time of dining (i.e Dec 2010) only


Complimentary bread

The bread were freshly baked, warm and fluffy and a generous serving. ^_^


And we loved it with the nice sauces that came with the bread, not the usual olive oil/balsamic vinegar dip. We loved the sauces so much, we asked for extra helping. Keke


Consomme Foie Gras - $18

A unique presentation in a clear stock instead of the usual pan-seared treatment.  But I think I preferred the usual pan-seared foie gras, coz the foie gras here tasted like well cooked minced pork here. *Shrugged*


Pappardelle  - $28

This was essentially very large and very broad fettuccine. Not a pasta lover myself, so I guess they were just okay, never really impress much.



Short Rib served with Truffle Fries - $40

The beef was pretty juicy & chewy. The truffle fries that came with it was another hit among the diners.

Codfish - $32

Codfish can never fail. I mean the ingredient is so good on its own that even just plain steaming is good enuff. If I have the chance to eat a sucky codfish, I will sure black list that restaurant! Haha

Anyway, the codfish here was very soft, you just need to use the fork to break it apart, no knives required!



Chocolate Cake - $15


Step-by-step flaming crepe, starting from top left picture in clockwise manner


Crepe - $15

Tiramisu - $15

Desserts were good as they were polished clear in a few minutes.

We had other items such as Tagliatelle Pomodoro, carbonara etc. In total, we had 10 items which came up to about $250.

This has to be the "easiest" post to make, coz usually I need to find words to describe the food and now I dun have to! Haha..maybe I should do that for often... Just kidding!

Look out for my next restaurant which will definitely be out REAL SOON! =p

0 comments: