Day 3: Taipei - Eat all the way!

12:33:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Day 3

Finally we had free time in the morning to do some sight seeing with our parents. But before that, our nice driver brought us to this old traditional shop for breakfast.


I dun have the address for this shop but I suppose you can ask the Taiwanese if you are keen. And erm, I oso dunno how to read the first character. 

Side track a bit, I used to think my chinese is good, but you really find yourself limited in your vocab when you need to say everything in pure chinese. Oh well, I think I'm too used to "rojak" language, i.e. a mixture of chinese, english, hokkien etc. LOL


Almost everything less than S$1! Woohoo!

Warm Soya Milk & Fried You Tiao in Crepe

Wow, the soya milk was good! It had this charcoal fragrance which made the soya milk tasted so different, in a nice way of coz! And it felt so good to have warm soya milk when the weather was cold. On top of that, the fried you tiao in the crepe was very light & crispy. Mind you, I dun quite like to take oily stuff in the morning and I thought this was pretty good.

Rice Dumpling with Fish Floss 

I wanted to order less but the shop auntie "assured" us that the serving was small, so we each had 1 serving of soya milk + crepe + rice dumpling.

Bluff lor! Serving was definitely not small and besides that, we took breakfast in the hotel as well. Gosh, too much food again.


The shop auntie who bluffed us of the serving! =p

Still, it definitely worth the "effort" to wake up in the early morning to try the charcoal grilled soya milk! 

Next! DOING the tourist stuff ~> Sight Seeing!

Yang Ming Shang


I was thinking aloud that this statue was Sun Yat San, and was corrected by Taiwanese passer-by that it was actually Chiang Kai-shek. *Embarrassed*



It was the time of Sakura again! The Sakura blossom period in Taiwan is earlier than Japan and this was definitely not in our travel plan. Hee

Do you know that it's really difficult to predict Sakura blossom dates in advance, and planning a trip at the right time is definitely not easy. Tour agencies can at most give estimation based on past experiences, as the blossom period pretty much depend on the temperature. Not to mention, once the sakura blooms, they usually reach their peak within 10 day.

I should really count my luck that I always get to view Sakura at the right time even though, I think the ones in Japan was more pretty.



Saw these cute little doggies and just cant help to snap pictures at them! Arent they adorable?

Argh, feel like pinching their cheeks now!


Xiao You Keng


This is just a sleeping volcano, which is pretty near Yang Ming Shang, so we stopped to take some pictures and toilet-break, before we rushed for our 12pm appointment.

Finally, my anticipated Hello Kitty lunch at Hello Kitty Sweets! Remember to make a reservation to avoid disappointment.

Hello Kitty Sweets (http://www.hellokittysweets.com.tw)
106 Taiwan Taipei City Daan District Section 1, DàĀn Road (大安路一段) 90號 
Time: 11:30~22:00(週一到週日)
Nearest MRT: Zhongxiao Fuxing (Exit 3)



Everything in sweet pink!

If you are someone who cant stand girlish or pink stuff, you will hate this place! Hahaha..




You must be thinking that I'm totally obsessed with Hello Kitty, that I even took pictures of the toilet..


But the mirror, tap, toilet bowl are all embossed with Hello Kitty. I was impressed by the details, you see... It's not called obsessive.

Okay, food!

This time round, we ordered just 3 sets to share. The set includes bread, soup, salad, starter, main course and a dessert. On top of that, we ordered drinks + desserts. In total, we only spent NT2700, which was about S$120, just S$20 for each pax!
 
Bread, Soup & Drinks

Salad

Starter 1: Foie Gras

Starter 2: Smoked Duck

Starter 3: Escargots

Main Course 1: Stewed Seafood

Main Course 2 : Curry Spaghetti

Main Course 3 : Pork Burger

Dessert in set: Pudding

Food was delightful and feasting to the eyes. =)

Although I cant say it was divine, it was already much better than similar pricing restaurant in Singapore considering the price.  What's more, the effort in the presentation is definitely worth coming!



The desserts were so cute that I almost cant bear to eat them! They tasted good too!  

And oh, the dessert set actually came with a normal drink (which we topped up for smoothies) and the Hello Kitty head pudding. Super good deal lor.

I would love to re-visit this place again to try out the other stuff when I'm back in Taipei next time!

A few more pictures before I ended this post as the rest of the afternoon was spent "battling" with the bridal shop over the purchase of more photos..  oh well.





Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: