福林豆腐园

11:56:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments


福林豆腐园
Venue: 
1) 127 Telok Ayer Street (Between Raffles Place & Amoy)
2) 721 East Coast Road

********
 
Never know this place until I saw this FB post by a friend. Since it's so near my working place, it will be a pity not to try it.  So I went, and I thought it was pretty good... good enough for my wants for return visit. 

Brought my bf here for dinner, which explained the emptiness of the shop (as in the picture above), coz they close at about 830pm. Believe me, it is super duper crowded during lunch, do go later so that I can get my seats! Boo! =p


The "leftover" at 7-ish on a Friday evening, still a good variety to fill our tummies!

For first timer, listen up! Dun be "intimidated" by the long queue at the cashier and 苯苯 (stupidly) go for the queue. Here's a guide for ordering:

1) Go to the food items and choose your fav ones:
  • 6 pcs with noodle/rice - $5
  • 7 pcs with noodle/rice - $5.60
  • 8 pcs with noodle/rice - $6.20
2) After that, then.. go and join in the queue to make payment
3) You will pay for your food, plus order drinks or other additional items (e.g extra gravy) at the cashier
4) Get a number card and wait for your food! 


The items will be fried and served separately from the noodles.

Food items were quite similar to those selling at other stalls/shops, but the trump card was the gravy with minced pork! It was a killer to make the fried food taste super yummy! Somehow, the items were fried in a such way to retain the crispy without the oily feeling. Hmm, advanced level. Keke


And I highly recommend the noodles instead of the rice. Obviously noodles with the killer gravy is much appealing than white rice mah. 

Overall, slightly expensive 酿豆腐, but definitely worth it! =)

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: