Mr Chicken Man

12:36:00 AM Unknown 2 Comments


MR CHICKEN RICE
Venue: Ehub @ Downtown East #02-120, Pasir Ris Close
Contact: 65821302

*********
I was told that this restaurant belongs to the original chef from Chatterbox. Indeed it is, since there are articles pasted all over the walls.



Our orders for 6:
Whole chicken - $27
Fried Tofu - $3.30
Vegetables - $3.30


The chicken was smooth & tender, and I finished my rice alright. Fried tofu was nicely complemented by the sweet & sour chilly sauce. A good meal, I must say.

Then again, if that was the standard for Chatterbox, where chicken rice cost about S$20++,  I dun quite comprehend. 

I mean I would have expected sth more impressive, or change my idea of chicken rice so much that I wont never consider eating chicken rice elsewhere. But no leh, it's just chicken rice to me.

Dun get me wrong, I will still eat this chicken rice if I go to Downtown East, even though it is slightly expensive than my neighborhood stall.  But to travel here just to taste the famous "Chatterbox standard" chicken rice, erm, I think not. *Shrugged*

Can anyone tell me what so special about Chatterbox chicken rice? Seriously, I think it is ridiculous to pay $20++ , which is 10 times the price of a normal chicken rice, when both are made of the same ingredient ~ chicken & rice. Unless, you are telling me chickens used at Chatterbox listen to classical music and only eat the finest grains. Oh well, even that I still refuse to pay so much for chicken rice wor. =p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe the difference in cost is due to the rental at orchard.....

Anonymous said...

I would never recommend this place. The meat is tough and rice is hard