Au Chocolat [Closed]

4:44:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

AU CHOCOLAT
Venue: The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, #01-03,04,05
Website: www.auchocolat.com

*******
Au Chocolat takes up 3 units of Level 1 at MBS ~ consists of the Bistro, the Patisserie and the Chocolate & Candies sections. If you are thinking, this must be some French franchise, then you are wrong! It's a first made-in Singapore French inspired concept shop. WOW... must support Singapore brand lah...Keke

 The place is so candy sweet & girlish, I just have to show you around! Let's go! ^_^

Very cute hor? Then again, everything is so expensive! At least, I find it too expensive to splurge on myself, but they make very good presents coz I'm sure everyone will love them being so colourful & chirpy! *Hint hint* Buy me for present leh?

Next, dine in!

Onion Soup - $14

Grrr.. This was so disappointing! I read other blog saying that this was good and so I went ahead to order despite the cost. I mean $14 for a soup made of onion?? Dubz, it was sooo expensive!  =(

Anyway, the soup was so saltish that we cannot really drink it. The taste and colour of the soup reminded me of soya soy, really not appetizing at all.

Hi Tea Menu - $32

This was good on the picture but to satisfy your tummy? I'm afraid I need to shake my head. *Shaking head vigorously" 

The top platter consists of chocolates ( you can buy the chocolates from the candies section as well) & scone. The scone was a bit hard for my liking, but the milk rocher ( the light brown one) was much loved. Would have wanted to buy more if not for the 'exorbitant' pricing.

Second tier consists of cakes & marcaron. Pretty standard, didnt quite leave any impression.

The final tier was more interesting, made up of the savory crepes and crab cake slider. The crab cake slider was good (aka the burger lookalike)! Can really taste the crab meat. =)
Ultimate Benedict - $22

This was probably the best order (FINALLY! Phew...).  First, the sauce was really intriguing ~ a mixture of red wine and dark chocolate infused hollandaise sauce. If you have been following my blog, I've mentioned earlier that I dun like hollandaise sauce coz I find it a bit sourish.  But this combination was really interesting and being an 'advantageous' food lover, I had to give it a try. Indeed, it was not sourish and definitely dun taste like hollandaise sauce. Trust me, it did not taste as weird as you thought. Keke

And to add on, there were so many stuff (e.g. beef steak, bacon, sauteed spinach & tomato, roasted chicken & poached egg) in this pancake ~ you name it, you got it! So many flavours in a dish and the pancake can really substitute a main course. We were at a lost when the dish was served, dunno how to eat it coz too big! Where the heck is the pancake? Two fluffy ones were well hidden below all those goodies!

I guess overall this place made a good place for cakes & tea, gals gossiping gathering and of coz, photo taking! I mean the place is such a candy eye place.  But then, if you are looking for a place for good food, you probably need to be selective in your choices... =p

Overall, we spent $77+ for the above items, including a pot of tea... but I forgot to apply for the membership! Grrr.... for $88 (if my memory is correct, but then if i can totally remember about applying the membership when I was there, please discount my memory a bit..lol), you will get in return $100 vouchers to be spent at the Bistro and some other stuff.  Not that I giam the membership, but since already spent so much, might as well get the membership right???

For the exhibit lovers, here's another treat!
  • From 7 December 2012 to 28 February 2013, present your ArtScience Musem ticket stub at Au Chocolat (MBS, Bay Level L1-03) to receive 20% off any breakfast item. 
  • Conversely, you can present your Au Chocolat receipt at the ArtScience Museum Box Office and receive 20% off standard priced all access passes.
To note, the offer has to be utilized on the same day.  =)

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: