Day 4 at Taipei ~ A Day of Seafood Indulgence

11:26:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Coincidently, I've planned for 阿吉師 & 89 Seafood on the same day because of the opening hours and our friends' schedule in Taipei. So Day 4 turned out to be a day of seafood indulgence and our most expensive meals; we probably spent about S$70+ per person per meal. Then again, they were so good, no regrets!

A-ji-shi 阿吉師
Address: Stall 88, 1F Shidong Market, 100 Shidong Road, Taipei City 
Open: 10:30am to 5pm or 6pm, closed on Mondays
Details: No menu, credit cards not accepted 



Shidong market is not exactly near the MRT station, so we cabbed there lah. Cab in Taipei is generally cheap, especially if you are travelling in 4!
Stall 88 (阿吉師) is located at Level 1, amongest the other stalls selling fresh fishes & vegetables. As you can see, it's really just a stall and no seating areas, so not quite friendly for those with kids and elderly. But I saw people packing sashimi, which is a good alternative.
Let the serving begin....... Keke

There will be no menu provided. You will eat whatever the chefs serve, just let them know beforehand anything that you dont eat. If you dont eat sashimi, then dont go there lah. 
The chef will keep serving until you halt them! And I tell you, they serve the dishes in lightning speed, it was really 'difficult' to catch up with them. 

We had about 12 dishes in total, which cost about NT1500 or NT1800 (cant really remember). Good pricing since we ate a lot of good stuff like abalone, geoduck, urchin, which will usually cost me a bomb in singapore.

I shall let the pictures do most of the talking! Keke, because most of the items I also dunno what I ate. 
 Egg Omelette
  Sweet Ebi 
Crab Leg Salad
 This supposed to be a kind of fish, but tasted firm like meat. It was intriguing.
  

Scallop
Abalone

Super thick right? I was in heaven....
 Take a break, have a bowl of seafood goodness.
Apparently, the chef will 'dump' all the fish bones, extra parts of the seafood into this big pot, topped off with cabbages. Did I mention it is free flow?  
I think this was pork? But I was not sure. I was an obedient diner, I put everything that the chef served into my mouth without questioning. =p 
 Geoduck/Elephant Trunk Clam
Urchin 
 Tiger Prawn with Sesame Sauce 



After the super heavy lunch, we headed for shopping before 'preparing' our stomach for another round of mega good food! I know it seemed so sinful, how can one eat so much good stuff in a day? Blame it on the 'tight schedule'.. I need more days in Taipei! 6 days is not enough!

89 SEAFOOD  89海鮮 
No. 89 HeJiang Rd
(02) 2501-6167

We decided to do some 'exercise', so we took the train to Zhongshan Junior High School Station and walked to 89 Seafood. Aiya, not that far, at most 15 mins leisure walk.Haha

For those who are keen to try, please make reservation in advance! 

Sad to say, in order to eat here, it's better to come in big group. I was with a group of 6 which included 4 big sized guys, yet we still couldnt really finished all the food. But again, maybe our brunch was a bit too much. 


Free flow rou lou fan, OMG. 

You can take as much as you can. But I warned you, you better save your stomach for food that you are going to pay. Eat smart. 
 Stir Fried Eel

The stir fried sauce was really good, would have love to eat lotza rice with it.  Damn the small stomach. 
 
A big basin/pot of soup filled with clams, cabbages, corns was served next. This is to prepare the main ingredient - CRAB for its 'sauna'!
 Super thick sashimi.
 
 Finally, the main ingredient had arrived! Keke
 Just to illustrate, how big it was.
 
Btw, we eat vegetables as well. I ordered this, then I realised I was so dumb. The whole basin was filled with cabbages lor. *Palm face*

DONT EVER ORDER the cabbage. Lesson learnt from me.



 Oh ya, we ordered beef slices as well. See the beautiful marbled texture?


 Fried oyster. Not my fav, I dont take oyster.
 

Crabby meat was so fresh that it can be taken out from its shell so easily. So shiok to eat crab like this!
 Here, they served crabs cook in 2 way - soup/steamed and grilled.
 Personally I adored the grilled one, coz it was so sweet and the texture was firmer.  
 Complimentary sweet tomatos. Nice also lor!
We went back to Ximending, Red House vicinity and saw this Creative Boutique, which was filled with cute and artistic stuff which were pictures worthy!







  
  
 Finally, we ended the day with grass jelly dessert each.
Haiz, now I know why I put on weight. >.<

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: